Saturday, April 22, 2017

Dark Strangers

I had a dream about two vampires having a fight over one mortal woman. The problem was it was probably more like the vampire Louis and Armand in my dream. I had in my mind's eye, when I first started writing the big epic novel that they had to be over 300 pages so Dark Strangers ended up close to 600. I picked the name Dark Strangers but I think when I started writing it was Deadly Strangers but I didn't like the name and changed the name. I think at the time I finished Dark Strangers I realized with books on demand publishing it would be to expensive with word counts and pages. Luckily Amazon had started CreateSpace and Kindle Publishing which offer royalties and it's free. So you call yourself a self published author, I have had people on social media say that people like me bastardized the publishing industry. I have lost my brother, my mother and I am struggling to support my father and myself. I have hemiplegic migraines that are like strokes. I know my books have writing errors in them, I am not an English major and I have never claimed to be. I write, edit and paint my own book covers. Back to Dark Strangers. I went with Facebook, every time I wrote a book. I created a Facebook page for it. I received a comment that a woman loved my story because it was given to her by an ex boyfriend and she thinks of him because of my book. Okay, umm, my story is not a love story and it is a dark place I went but hey thank you I am honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment