Saturday, April 22, 2017

Laura

Twisted ghost story. I don't usually know how to talk about Laura. My grandmother lives about a mile or two from the Civil War battlefield in my hometown in Louisiana. She owns 40 acres and my brother and I would ride 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers around her property. I kept having this dream at night that these 2 men where arguing and fighting by an open window and a woman rushed to stop them. She fell out the window and died. I was probably in the fifth grade I tried to write Laura but I stuck it under my bed and didn't come back to it for a while. I had just went with books on demand publishing with Lucas:the Legacy over 80 friends and family bought copies or my mom when she was alive loved handing out copies asking me to sign them. Laura, I pulled out from under my bed and I was determined to finish it. I could write a beginning and a middle but I could not figure out an ending. Finally, I said screw it I wrote an ending to my story. Long story short, I would walk down a fence row at my grandmother's property and get a real bad, funny feeling at that spot of course my grandmother says she is going to will that section of land to me...yeah. I have been told my whole life that family members have thought there was a ghost on the property... trust me Laura is fiction. Flight of fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment